torsdag 12 september 2013

Face nr 12 in the challenge 29 faces september 2013

I made this painting perhaps it was in august and I published it here on my blog earlier, but I think it can be with faces in the challenge too. It is a acrylic painting of the french singer Charles Aznavour such as he was as younger. I love his music. (Face number 3 and 4 are too of him)
Tämä akryylimaalaus on ollut mukana blogissani aiemmin, mutta ajattelin sen kyllä sopivan myös mukaan tähän haasteeseen. Kuva on, kuten jo varmaan tiedättekin, ranskalaisesta laulajasta Charles Aznavourista nuorempana. Pidän suuresti hänen musiikistaan. (Kasvot nro 3 ja 4 ovat myös hänestä)

10 kommentarer:

  1. This is so wonderful painting that I want to see it once more. So pieceful eyes and great bruch lines.
    This is The Potret. Great!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I agree that this is a lovely painting. How big is this?

    And how many different languages are you posting in? (I don't know what this one is--I recognized Swedish from the first blog you have listed--and I could actually read some of it, as I have been studying Swedish for awhile).

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Coreopsis, thank you very much. The painting is 23 x 29 cm big. Oh, you ask me about my languages. I post in Finnish, Swedish (you are right), English and German languages. Fine, you have been stydying Swedish! Nice! I have been studying Italian language a while, but not enough to post in it. It is very nice to use and understand different languages, you learn so much more about the people and culture too. It is very interesting.

      Radera
  3. Svar
    1. Thank you so much rose of Walk in the Woods!
      Do you go and walk in the Woods as your signature says? It is a nice signature.

      Radera
  4. Lovely painting! I think you captured the eyes especially well. And the skintones are super. :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you SLScheibe! I am glad you liked the painting!

      Radera
  5. A very interesting use of color for the face. I have painted only one face and tried to stick with what I thought were skin colors. I never thought of using more color. I'll have to try that next time. Thanks for the idea.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Ila, than you for your comment! I think that to get lights and shaddows in a picture, you must use different colours and also mix colours.

      Radera